Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

Scholarship holder meeting Esslingen 14th Dec




I apologize for the delay in my posts, but I have been busy lately. But nevertheless I wanted to put a short summary of the scholarship event in Esslingen last week.

I have to admit that this was only the second time I ever attended a event of my scholarship network. Unfortunately, our Regional Chapter in Karlsruhe seems to be very inactive. I have had ZERO contact with them since I came back from Singapore and I heard the same from another co-student and scholarship fellow.

This is a little sad, especially because the meeting in Esslingen was quite interesting. The meeting started of at the University of Applied Sciences in Esslingen with a welcome by the Pro rector of the university and the other representatives, followed by a presentation of their Mini-Formula 1 car and a tour around their laboratories.
By the way, NUS has a Car of that sort too, wonder if they could beat them ;)


After (free) lunch in the canteen, we split into two groups for the afternoon. One group went for a guided city tour, while the other (including me) had a tour to "Cellar, Crypt, Catacomb" which led us to underground places in Esslingen: A former water reservoir, a wine cellar and the excavation site under the town cathedral.
Esslingen was not destroyed during WWII, so it has a original medieval town center with beautiful old houses.
We ended the day with a visit to the medieval Christmas market.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?